poetry for change

Posted by Daniela Elza on Apr 01 2013

Perspective Poetry Magazine just accepted two new poems. Split this Rock and
this is not a rehearsal III: in the nightmares of nomenclature for their upcoming debut issue, Spring 2013.
One of the poems was written after I came back from Split this Rock conference in Washington DC last March.
The second poem (this is not a rehearsal III) was inspired by images in the James K-M art exhibit Seffirot at Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery (December, 2012). It was also inspired and is dedicated to Susan McCaslin who curated the Han Shan Project as one of the efforts toward saving McClellan Park in Langley, BC.

Two things will follow:

April 21st, at 2pm there will be a live radio program to launch Perspective Poetry Magazine with live readings on Blogtalkradio. Hope you will tune in. I will post more details when I get them.
In the mean time the magazine can be purchased from createspace here.

The effort to save the land that was slated for sale in Langley was 60% successful with hope to be able to save the other 40%. There will also be an event with 12 of the Han Shan poets reading the poems among the art pieces that Susan Falk painted inspired by the poems. Here are the details of this event. Maybe you will even be able to come out for the art and poetry event in Langley. I cannot wait to see what my poem inhabitions (which won first place in the Manitoba Writer’s Guild friend’s contest (July, 2007) and later was published in 4 poets (Mother Tongue Publishing, 2009)), has inspired on Susan’s canvas.

Poetry reading by Han Shan Poets opening Susan Falk’s Art Exhibition (May 8-26). Sat. May 11, 12-3 pm. Poetry Readings between 1 and 2 pm, at The Fort Gallery, 9048 Glover Road, Fort Langley. Poets: E.D. Blodgett, Daniela Elza, Pam Galloway, Heidi Greco, Fiona Tinwei Lam, Chris Levenson, Susan McCaslin, Ray McGinnis, Elsie Neufeld, Catherine Owen, Jamie Reid,  Celeste Snowber.  Wine and cheese; silent auction of 12 new paintings by Susan Falk based on 12 poems by the Han Shan Poets. Contact: 604-888-7411 Website: fortgallery@hotmail.com

Comments are closed.